- Sign in as domain admin to the SophiMail Admin console (https://mypanel.sophimail.com)
- Click Domain List on the top menu and then select your domain.
- Click on Add Mailbox button.
Username: account name without the domain part (e.g. j.smith)
Password: Insert a strong password (at least 5 characters & 2 digits)
Name: The real name of the user (e.g. John Smith)
Quota: The mailbox size in MB (e.g. 1000 for 1GB)
Active: Uncheck to disable/suspend the account
- Mailbox created successfully.
- Add Email Alias (An email alias is an alternate address that points to a user’s existing SophiMail account.)
– Click on Add Alias button within Aliases section or
– Select Virtual List->Add Alias from top menu
- Insert in the text boxes below:
Alias: Enter the email alias to be used. (This name is the portion of the user’s email address that appears before the @ sign. e.g. info.)
To: Enter the full account name to be associated with the alias. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: When you click add alias all emails with destination email@example.com will go directly to user user1 mailbox.
- Alias created successfully.